Vahé A. Mekhitarian is a Certified Personal Chef (CPC) with the United States Personal Chef Association (USPCA) and the owner of MENU FOR YOU℠, which he founded in 2012. Chef Vahé has spent 37 years cooking for family and friends, 20 of which were dedicated to working professionally in the hospitality and culinary fields. He is also a Co-Owner of Chicago Market – A Community Co-op, a freelance Chef, recipe writer and contributor, and Hospitality Consultant.
At the early age of four, Chef Vahé accompanied his European born grandfather to the old Randolph Street market where he soaked up the ritual of old world style food shopping. There, he found beauty and wonder in this simple experience selecting fresh, top quality food and ingredients (fruits and vegetables from the local sellers, bread from a baker, meat from a butcher, and fish and shellfish from a fishmonger) to bring home to the table. When he and his grandfather returned home, he was inspired by the love of cooking and baking his mother and grandmother displayed day after day in the kitchen. Vahé absorbed an appreciation of quality ingredients, the love of food, and the attention to detail and technique. Three generations a mix of Old World immigrants and first generation
Americans would gather nightly in his home and dine on lovingly prepared, fresh food bought at local markets. It is this same simple idea that fuels his passion now, to bring the best ingredients, tailored menus, and flavorful dishes to your table, so you and your family and friends enjoy the simple pleasures of great food.
The culinary art via the Old World sums up his approach to his work, and he strives to bring that same love of food to the tables of all whom he serves.
With a passion and understanding of fine food and culinary technique, Vahé loves to share and inspire his “families”(clients). For many years Vahé has been preparing customized meals for those with special diets and food restrictions, incorporating fresh, organic and sustainable ingredients. Through personal and professional experiences he has knowledge and understanding of cooking for those with special needs, diabetes, heart disease, Cancer, food allergies and restrictions.
Vahé enjoys preparing meals and minimizing food stress for busy professionals and their families. He has prepared gluten-free, ketogenic, paleo, Whole30, lactose-free, low sodium, low residue, vegetarian and vegan meals, to name a few. Chef Vahé takes great care in serving his client family’s needs for over 6 years with MENU FOR YOU℠. He looks forward to providing nourishing meals and treats for you and your family.
Vahé has appeared in many local publications, including Make It Better, The Wilmette Beacon, Wilmette At The Lake and Voyage Chicago.
• Certified Personal Chef, Co- President Chicago Chapter, U.S.P.C.A.
• Licensed as a Personal Chef with Personal Chef Liability insurance
• Certified in Menu Planning by the National Restaurant Association
• Certificate in Professional Cooking and Baking/Pastry Production
• Certified in Nutrition by the Illinois Restaurant Association
• Certificate in Hospitality Management
• Certified in Sanitation by the State of Illinois, 2017
• A.A.S. Culinary Arts from CHIC, Le Cordon Bleu, Chicago 1997
• B.A. Liberal Arts DePaul University, 1990
A Proud member of:
• The American Culinary Federation (ACF)
• The Domestic Estate Managers Association (DEMA)
• The International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP)
• The Northbrook Chamber Of Commerce
• The Wilmette-Kenilworth Chamber Of Commerce
Chef Vahé lovingly feeds his patient wife and two sons in Wilmette, IL.